Thursday 26 July 2012

6 Week Theatre Challenge: 21 -25

21. What is the most disappointing thing you have seen at the theatre?

Most definitely Michael Grandage's production of King Lear was the most disappointing thing I have seen at the theatre. I suspect that I might have succumbed to the hype before I went to see it which probably didn't help. If I hadn't heard comments like 'the finest King Lear I have ever seen' (Daily Telegraph) this decent production wouldn't have felt like such a let down. Gina McKee, on the other hand, was brilliant as Goneril.

22. Which actor/actress do you wish did more stage work?

I would love to see Gillian Anderson do more stage work, as well as Damian Lewis.

23. Which theatre have you been to most?

The National Theatre due to their huge repertoire and the fact that they can stage numerous productions at the same time. I find there is always something on at the National which I would like to see.

24. Is there a specific theatre you would like to go to more?

I would like to go to more regional theatres more often such as the Liverpool Everyman and Sheffield Crucible.

25. What do you wear when you go to the theatre?

When seeing an opera or ballet I opt for more formal attire (but not too formal), other than that I dress casually.

No comments:

Post a Comment